We would like to inform you that, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the start of our semester has been suspended indefinitely, until the Sanitary Authority authorizes the resumption of regular activities. Therefore, our academic calendar will be adjusted in due course.
In light of this situation, we have taken the hard decision of not accepting new undergraduate students for the remainder of the year 2020. We consider this the most responsible course of action taking into consideration the students’ health and well-being. Enrollment of graduate students who wish to conduct researches individually and medical internship students will be accepted when their periods of study start in October 2020, or at a later date.
Within the scope of our International Cooperation Office, we have been in constant contact with all of our students who are currently on mobility outside of Brazil, as well as with students from universities around the world who are in mobility at our university.
In both cases, we are at their disposal, offering all possible support, even if they wish to return to their home universities countries.
In addition, Universidade Federal Fluminense has been developing several academic and administrative actions to combat COVID-19, such as:
- Extension of student assistance programs to support students covered by the National Student Assistance Plan;
- Dissemination of educational campaigns and of tools to facilitate home office and combat coronavirus fake news;
- Creation of an observatory that is preparing a statistical analysis of predictive data on the epidemiological curve of the pandemic;
- Large-scale production of hand sanitizer to serve the entire society;
- Creation of a support network formed by professionals related to mental health to help with social isolation;
- Production of facial protection equipment against the virus in a 3D printer, with the possibility of producing other devices that are demanded by the university hospital health professionals and the entire health care network.
- Availability on social networks of films, documentaries, as well as popular music events and concerts, bringing the community closer to the actions produced by the university and offering means for the quality of life.
We emphasize that we are monitoring the situation and we will keep you and your students updated on all new information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Vice-President for International Relations
Universidade Federal Fluminense